Sunday, December 7, 2014

December 1, 2014
Is it seriously already December? I know I say this all the time, but seriously....where has the time gone?  Sister Black goes home in 13 days!!!! 13 days! Weird. So weird. I am getting so nervous for my new companion.....
Okay first off I must inform you of Mr. James Tilley who was baptized in Missoula.  Elder Holland taught him after I left and he told me that he is completely active, completely free of smoking, broke up with his devil girl and is faithfully attending church and preparing to go to the Temple.  That's right.  I have never been so happy in my life.  I LOVE HIM!  I think after hearing that it just helped me understand that I did my part.  I followed the Spirit and did what I needed to do. 
Thanksgiving was fantastic! The Hickman's were adorable and we helped them make Thanksgiving dinner.  It was really fun and we played Scategories afterward.  I OWN! Hahaha Poor Sister Hickman is from Florida and has never really seen snow in her life.  hahahaha
This week weather wise has been out of control.  It snowed one day, then the next it was 50 degrees and everything melted.  THEN the next day it never got above -3 degrees.  It was that way for the past two days.  But today is a little warmer.  The snow is so cold that it just falls apart. It doesn't stick at all.  Driving around it looks like powdered sugar.  This weather definitely makes me thankful that places like Texas exist.  

Earlier this week I just got so frustrated with everyone we were working with.  I came here with 4 people on date...none of which made their date. And our investigator pool has been slowly decreasing.  I was getting so tired of people blowing us off and not even trying. Before, probably when i first was out, I would have worked my tail off to get someone who blew us off to be interested. I would have figured out their concerns and been their for them and tried my very hardest to help them through. But now, I just want to find those prepared! My time is running out and I don't want to waste any time that I have.  Plus, I was getting so sick and tired of people saying they were willing to meet, but only to not show up to our appointment or call and say they needed to reschedule. I talked with Sister Black about it and just started to cry! I was so embarrassed. Hahaha, but I was getting so frustrated.  But I want to find those that are ready to accept the gospel - people that are really ready.  I expressed my frustrations in a maybe not so dignified way to Elder Holland and he had me read a talk that has changed my life. The talk spoke about how we do not teach. The spirit does.  And it is our job to be a worthy vessel for the spirit to testify and speak to those that are ready.  And we will know.  As we use the scriptures, work by the Spirit we will know those that are ready.  The talk also spoke about being a challenging and testifying missionary.  Meaning challenging people to live the gospel boldly, expecting people to accept and testifying like there is no tomorrow. I am so at the point. I just want to go up to people and ask them if they want Jesus in their life and if they don't, move on.  hahaha I don't want to waste any time!!! 
AND THEN! Larry Albert.  That man is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.  HE GETS IT.  He is one of those that is prepared and knows what needs to be done.  I will be one sad lady when I have to leave Brother Albert.  We read a chapter out of the Gospel Principles Manual and read about Faith in Jesus Christ.  When I first mety with him didn't feel like he had faith.  But after we read that chapter I asked him how his faith has increased since meeting with us.  And he said, "I have had it all along, I just didn't recognize it."  He held up the Gospel Principles book and the Book of Mormon and said, I don't know what I would be doing without these....I LOVE YOU LARRY! I JUST LOVE YOU! 
ALSO! on Friday we went to  Less Actives house where we taught the grandmother and her two granddaughters.  Misty is 19 and Lela is 28 and just got married 2 weeks ago.  Lela is pregnant with twins and I explained our role as missionaries and how we help people increase their faith in Jesus Christ and their relationship with him and asked if her and her new (non member) husband would like to study with us.  She said she would and they would be at church. Lo and behold All 4 of them came to church! ALL 4! I have been trying to get them to go since the day I got here! I literally died.  I was so happy. AND THEN! Another woman who was baptized in February and hasn’t been back to church since came to church on Sunday.  We met with  her the night before and invited her, AND SHE CAME! AND Karl and Becca who I haven't communicated with in 2 weeks came! BECCA CAME! SHUT UP! Is the world about to end or something? She only has been to church once and hasn't shown an interest since.  I was blown away.  Sister Black was speaking in church and we made them big eyes at each other in awe that so many people came.
After Church a Brother in the ward came up to Sister Black and I and said that the visit we had with his less active wife was such a positive experience and asked us to come back again.  TENDER!   

Even though I felt I was doing nothing in this area and that no one was progressing God sent me a little gift to let me know that yes, things are happening whether I realize it or not and I am fulfilling my purpose here.  I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that loves me.  

GET THIS! I found out that Brother Bailey got a mission call at 19 to serve in CLEAVLAND OHIO! His father passed away two days before he was supposed to go into the MTC so he didn't go.  BUT HE WOULD HAVE SERVED WITH DAD!

We have been showing the He Is The Gift video like there is no tomorrow.  If you haven't seen it, STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND WATCH IT.  It will change your life.  I have just come to realize that amidst the stress and chaos of life that Jesus Christ provides us peace and understanding.  And with Jesus Christ we are safe. 

My life lesson that I learned is that we are making differences! That God is using us even when we may feel useless. People's lives are changing.  We just need to testify and challenge boldly with the Spirit.  I love the Lord. I love this work and I am in love with this gospel.

I love you all so much and am so thankful for my life.  My life rocks.  
LOVE YOU!

Moline's rock, missionaries rule!

SISTER HOLY MOLY  

No comments:

Post a Comment