Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May 19, 2014

HEY HEY HEY

Talking to you on Sunday was FANTASTIC!! It was funny cause I feel like you already know what is going on in my life and so there wasn't a whole lot to talk about....which means I am doing a dang good job of keeping you informed of my life in Montana.  

So Sister Session is officially gone and i am with Sister Steck now. BLESSINGS OF THE LORD.  I love love love her.  It almost feels like another Sister Bonn kind of companionship. Except nothing could ever top that. But she is hilarious and we really get along super well. 

So Sister Steck is from St. George and is 20.  She went to Dixie before she came on her mission and was studying public health but is not sure if that is what she wants to do. She is the youngest in her family and has 3 older brothers. I believe the oldest one is married and expecting a babyyyyy.  She is a fantastic teacher! It is so easy to teach with her.  Its so nice knowing I can lean on my companion. We teach really fluidly together and both take control. Sister Steck is also so in tune with the spirit and ready to work. It is wonderful.  We have made goals for the transfer and I am so ready to just get out there and give it everything I got.    

Speaking of good companions.....oh man. Remember the racist Sister I told you about?  Well things are getting cray all up in here.  She was moved to be in a trio in Missoula and apparantly things got really bad. So we have her with us now and as of right now she is being sent home. President is waiiting a call from us so we can tell him how our exchange with her has been and if we feel prompted to, he said he is willing to give her a second chance.  You may be confused and wanting to know why she is being sent home.....me too. Honestly being with her the past 2 days has been great. I have seen no problems and she opened up to us and told us everything. I have no idea what to tell President.  UGH it's stressful knowing that depending on what we say determines her mission.  We will see what happens. Sister Steck and i have been praying a loooooott.  We shall see.  

We have been tracting a lot and I am kinda inlove with it.  It is kind of an adrenaline rush....sad that that is what gets my adrenaline going, but still.  I kinda told you about it on MOther's day, but we made up a survey with questions like, Is having a strong family unit important to you, how do you feel like your relationship with God is like, what is your definition of faith, do you believe the Bible to be the word of God, if there was another book that testified of Christ's life would you be interested in reading it, yadda yadda yadda But I have found that that is so much more effective than a regular door approach. People are much more willing to take a survey and they open up a lot about their beliefs. It just opens up the door to testify.  WOOT! We found a few potentials from that survey. AND GET THIS! OHMYGOSH CCRAAAYYY so this past week our mission received 6 missionaries serving in the Ukraine. Apparantly all the missionaries serving there were evacuated because of everything that is going on there.  And 4 of those 6 came too Missoula. So we were tracting yesterday and knocked on a door of a small family. They let us in....let me repeat that...THEY LET US INTO THEIR HOME. YES! And took the survey. Both the wife and the husband are from Russia and speak russian to their little kids! Can we just talk about MIRACLE. They have a very solid, strong, belief in God and Jesus Christ and we asked if they would be interested in some missionaries that speak Russian coming by their home and they said they could. HOLY MOLY MIRACLEEEE. I was on cloud nine after that. Just wonderful.

So this is week 6 and we get transfer calls at the end of the week. I feel like I will be staying since Sister Steck just got here and doesn't know anything....cross your fingers.  

Sorry this email is wicked long. I went on exchanges to Stevensville this week and it was a party. I love being a missionary. 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! 
It sounds like you had so  much fun with Mckay and Adriene! AND congrats to Courtney Moreland! That is so awesome. She will just rock it out there. I am so excited for her! Woooooo! 

Next week is Memorial Day so I will most likely email on Tuesday! love you all! 
Dad I am praying for your headaches! 


Talk to you soon!

Sister Montana Moline 


No comments:

Post a Comment